Thursday, November 26, 2009

Last night? I went and sat at my house for a final open house session. No one came so we awarded the suite to a young couple, one of only two parties that came to view it and fill out an application this past Sunday. Then I went home and ate. The new tenants showed up to pay some of their damage deposit. Vance had a bath. I did some event work on Crackbook for our upcoming hockey team pub crawl, took down the ads for the suite from Kijiji. The dishwasher shot water everywhere so I took it apart, right down to the core to see if I could find the source of the clog, among other problems (I felt quite handy) then put it all back together while Lindsey manually washed dishes and surfed her laptop for a new dishwasher. Then I watched the Flames tie Anaheim with 18 seconds left to force overtime. I screamed when they did and Linz sent me a text from upstairs in bed saying I scared the shit out of her and to shut up. They eventually lost in a shootout. Then I played some Modern Warfare 2 online and slowly started to improve from my usual routine of getting INSTANTLY SLAIN UPON DISCOVERY by other players. Then I had a smoke and went to bed. You?

7 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

Yesterday, I worked from home in the morning then went into school to meet with a student. Afterwards, I met Mike at Mom and Dad's and we took the dog for a walk because it would be after midnight by the time Dad got home. We also hauled their old family room t.v. into the car. (Mike and I would be screwed without the station wagon). From there, I took off for C's house where we ate homemade (including dough) pizza and played Rockband and Wii Super Mario for 4.

Lindsey said...

Shut up! Is Super Mario super freakin fun? I just ordered it for Vance for xmas..

Christian said...

You'd better hope Vance doesn't read this blog!

Kate and/or Mike said...

It was very fun. We swept through the first ten levels, then died continually for the next three. I suck. But to be fair, I never really played as a kid. I played Ninja Turtles on original Nintendo for about about a year, and Mario on the original gameboy for a couple years. There ends my experience. Oh sure, I dabbled with Commander Keen on the computer, but it's not the same. Oh, and I'll whoop anyone's ass at Tetris.

M said...

This should really just be a blog unto itself, with three (or four, or five) authors, and daily postings.

Kate and/or Mike said...

Last night I marked papers in between dances on SYTYCD. I marked all day long, from home, so when our friend, B, came over unexpectedly, I actually ran for a hat to cover my greasy hair. We had a good chat. He left. Mike went to bed. I finished my last few papers.

Today, even though I'd only logged off work at 11:00 p.m., I had eight emails, and spend the whole day answering these and organizing things and extending due dates and printing readings. So tonight, since this is obviously a mark nothing kind of day, Mike and I played more Wii. We (he) defeated Bowser, and then we played around with the coin missions that unlock the courses of secret world 9.

Kate and/or Mike said...

Yesterday, I had another non-marking morning, which was frustrating. Then I picked up Mike from work and we met his mom and aunt for lunch at Market Mall. Then I had a wonderfully productive afternoon which felt redeeming. It also involved reading which always helps reset my mood. At 6:30, we headed out to "First Thursday," a Calgary tradition where Art Central is free and has some wine and snacks and whatnot. C. and I grabbed dinner at their revamped and now shishi but shitty restaurant where I had a crappy salade Nicoise and now I'll have to make my own proper version. Then home, a little Mario, a little TV, and a little more marking before crawling into bed.